The barbeques are a perfect way to live with friends and family. Today we will see some great recipes of Baked Potato on a Grill. It is nothing better than enjoying the summer with delicious roast beef & baked potato, cheese volcanoes, and some soft and delicious potatoes for company.
Roasted potatoes are one of the simplest and tastiest delicacies that can be prepared in an oven or embers. While some look with tender eyes at the ribeye that sizzles on the grill, others eagerly wait for these delicious nightshades to take off their suits of silver foil to eat them mercilessly. Preparing them is not too much of a mystery, as long as you know what type of potato to choose, how to cook them, and season them so that they give the best of themselves. Does this all sound like Chinese to you? You’re five minutes from being a potato expert.
Here are some Baked Potato on a Grill Recipes
First of all, wash the potatoes with the help of a brush, remove the dirt, rinse and remove any imperfections with a knife. Discard those that are green and dry the skin as much as you can to later season and cook.
Wrapped in aluminum
- Chop the potatoes with a fork, so they cook evenly.
- Varnish with a little oil or melted butter, add spices and herbs to your liking, and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Now, place them on the grill in a medium-high heat area (with a covered grill) or on the coals for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on their size.
- Combine vegetable oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic in a bowl.
- Let stand for a few minutes and varnish the potatoes with this mixture.
- Click on a metal skewer, arrange the charcoal towards the grill’s sides and place in the center.
- Cover the grill and cook for 40 minutes.
- Carve the potato with a wooden toothpick or metal skewer and cut in a spiral.
- Separate each layer with your hands and place the end of the toothpicks at an angle to not directly cover the grill.
- Cover and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
Wedges and slices
- Peel the potatoes and cut to your liking.
- Varnish them with vegetable or olive oil, add salt and pepper.
- Place directly on top of the grill, on foil, or in a vegetable basket.
- Take care of your cooking because, unlike the other preparations, they will not take more than 10 minutes.
Finally, any of these delicious garnishes can be accompanied by creamy sauces or oil and chopped fresh herbs.
Seven Sides for Baked Potatoes on the Grill
Mix 100 g of ointment butter flavored with chopped herbs and spices to taste (basil, parsley, rosemary, pepper, paprika, cumin, chili, garlic …), salt flakes and pepper. It can also be used to spread on bread, dress a pasta dish or top a stew, and a grilled or barbecued steak.
Crème fraîche with chives
Mix 250 g of crème fraîche or quark cheese with four tablespoons of finely chopped chives. Add salt and pepper to taste and the zest from half a lemon (only the yellow part). If you like, add a dash of lemon as well, beat well, and bring to the table: it also goes very well with roasted or cooked beets.
Garlic confit dressing and Modena vinegar
Confit over a shallow heat – without bubbling – eight cloves of garlic, peeled and halved lengthwise in half an olive oil glass. Let cool, crush the garlic with a fork (or in a mortar), and add a splash of Modena vinegar, a tablespoon of parsley, and salt and pepper to taste.
Sardines and piparras butter
Mix 100 g of creamy butter with half a clove of garlic, grated or finely chopped, a can of sardines well-drained without scales or bones, ½ teaspoon of dried thyme leaves, half a dozen well-drained and chopped seeds, salt, and pepper. If stored in the fridge in a jar or covered with kitchen wrap, it will last a couple of weeks peacefully. It can be used on canapés.
Ricotta, dried tomato, olives, and basil
Crush or finely chop 80 g of dehydrated tomatoes in oil (if we have them dry, put them in hot water for half an hour, drain and leave in oil with a couple of garlic cloves until they are consumed). Mix with 200 g of ricotta or cottage cheese, pitted green olives, and basil. Adjust salt and pepper and serve.
Roasted chicken and avocado sauce
Chop a roasted chicken breast with a knife (it is perfect for recycling one that has become a little dry on the barbecue). Mix with two ripe avocados, chopped onion to taste, lime juice, and coriander.
Crush 200 g of soft tofu with 60 ml of mild olive oil, a clove of garlic, or taste- and hot sauce or cayenne powder. It can also be used to dip cucumber, bell pepper, or zucchini raw vegetables, breadsticks, or scolds.